Nowadays, recruiters are more and more counting on the aptitude test to grade the correct candidate for various job roles. This article focuses on the importance of these tests in predicting the success of the employment of an individual.
Testing may be a massive a part of recruiting for several firms and it ought to also be a small amount part of your career development yet. an aptitude test measures your talents and your level of experience, which might be a valuable way to monitor your progress. There are many advantages to taking an aptitude test on a daily basis and exploiting that experience to advance your career.
An aptitude test is intended to measure the chance of succeeding at one thing by the test taker. like a test at the varsity level checks the chance of a student to succeed in a university, equally these tests are conducted by recruiters at the time of pre-screening the job applicants.
The aptitude tests are being increasingly used as a standard practice in the different sectors to screen the potential job applicant. Aptitude tests help in measuring your strength on various parameters such as verbal ability, quantitative ability, and logical thinking. It is a way to determine the thinking ability and knowledge of the test taker.
Quantitative aptitude measures numerical ability and problem-solving skills of candidates. It forms an important part of almost all competitive exams, such as CAT, XAT, MAT, NMAT, CMAT, IIFT GMAT and so on. It is one section which is used to filter out candidates as not everyone has the skill sets required to sail through this section. On the contrary, people who are good at it, have a chance to convert it into a high scoring section and enhance their chances of cracking the entrance exam.
A candidate with good Quantitative Aptitude is likely to perceive and process numbers to perform basic arithmetic operations and perform estimates. The candidate is likely to be quick in making an analysis on assessments based on the given information and exhibits an excellent level of concentration in solving problems.
A quantitative aptitude test will assess you in these following criteria:
1. Mental alertness
Quantitative aptitude tests your mental alertness. The business world is a ruthless one, complex challenges being part of the routine. Also, a business concern needs to keep an eye on the competitor and stay a step ahead. For this to happen, a management executive needs to be mentally alert to the changes happening around him/ her. A person having an aptitude for numbers will invariably have a sharp mind.
Businesses have a lot to think about- profits, competitors, regulations, employees and so on. An entrepreneur or a management executive struggles with challenges every minute. A major part of his/ her work requires him/ her to find solutions to deal with the problems. Not everyone can do this effectively. A person with quantitative aptitude will be better equipped to handle the problems. The person will possess a knack for looking for solutions for the problems. Therefore, quantitative aptitude is tested in various competitive exams.
An integral part of possessing quantitative aptitude is analysis. Numbers amount to nothing if the proper and correct analysis does not accompany them. Analysis forms the backbone of businesses today. It helps a company formulate short term and long term plans, crucial for growth. A person with a quantitative aptitude will be in a better position to analyze and make sense of the data given. Such a person will also be at ease with numbers. Therefore, quantitative aptitude is an important measure for a prospective business executive’s abilities.
Why Is Quantitative Aptitude Tested?
This is the question that many never think of and just start preparing blindly. However, during my on-campus placements, this was the doubt I had “Of all skills why aptitude skills are always tested first and given high importance in any competitive exams we write” After a bit of research I found its importance in the corporate world and competitive exams
In the corporate world
The statistics reveal that 70 percent of the world’s recruitment companies use an aptitude test as a part of their recruitment procedure. These types of tests often permit potential companies to learn more about the candidate’s personality and abilities. This is really significant as the recruitment is not all about what one needs or what one wants, or how they prepare for interviews. Employers wish to be certain that they are going to recruit the right individual who is able to work with the company’s clients and build up a reputation. An inappropriate worker could probably add to the cost of the firm, in terms of money, time as well as effort.
Recruiters will put to use several methods to sort out and do away with persons from the selection procedure. Conventionally, covering letters or CVs are utilized, but firms often get hundreds of job applications for every job vacancy. So, aptitude tests are cost-effective and simple ways for sorting out candidates to select the right individuals. Beforehand preparation is very important, as saying goes ‘practice makes a man perfect’.
In competitive exams
The reasons for aptitude being tested are the same. Lakhs of students apply for a few hundred seats. This leaves the institute no other option. Each institute can’t have entrance test of their own, it will be a tedious and complicated process for both students and institutions.
How CG’s Quantitative Aptitude Test Will Help You?
Codeground’s Quantitative Aptitude Assessment is designed to assess how likely a candidate is able to perform the numerical analysis. The test assesses candidates on basic numerical operations, which are relevant to candidates across job roles, irrespective of their educational background. The questions are designed to assess how quickly and how effectively a candidate solve problems and how structured a candidate is in approaching solutions to problems. Also:
- Predict high performers using customized reports
- Screen candidates from the comfort of your cabin with remote proctoring
- Choose from a set of standardized tests or tailor make your own test, keeping in mind your industry and requirements, from our library of coding challenges.
- Simulate stunningly real coding environments
- Automatically evaluate candidate’s code on various parameters.
- Nullify the distance through the opportunities opened because of online assessments and remote proctoring
- Test results and feedback are immediately available.
- Promote positive brand recognition
- Tests can be assembled, reviewed, edited and published in one go. No trip to the printer and copier!
- Prevent cheating by our superior cheating prevention mechanisms like, remote webcam proctoring, randomizing order of questions, views, question jumbling, etc, especially for bulk hiring and taking tests in close quarters.
- Export results for closer examination and long-term records.
- Reduce costs both long-term and short-term. Electronic assessments are reusable and don’t require paper, ink, or dedicated scoring equipment,
- Host online tech contests and hackathons.
- Get to test drive your future candidates and recruit a candidate with problem-solving ability.
- Reach wider demographics and increase the percentage of the total diversity of hires.
- Eliminate the probability of errors as online assessment platforms will provide accurate auto-evaluated results
- Look for the ability to troubleshoot in candidates
- Simulator-based tests create a real-time environment to check the candidates’ capability to work on real-life projects.
- Check not just the quality of the code but the scalability as well.
- 24×7 availability of support staff for tasks ranging from candidate profile collection, test creation, hackathon promotions, lab settings evaluation, test dry run, coordinating the test to ensure error-free test execution.